|Don't let the new, out-of-the-box, camera dream get in the way of your photography.|
If it's impossible to keep from the lure of lusting through these websites, here a few points to ponder.
- Why is a "professional" photographer taking more interest in showing you a shiny new camera than in showing their photos?
- Read reviews of a camera from 5 years ago. For the exception of the specifications with lesser numbers, they make the old cameras seem just as appealing. These "reviews" are designed, either consciously or sub-consciously to make you want to purchase new cameras.
- The websites earn money either when you click through an add or on a commission when you click through to a retailer and buy equipment. It's in their interest to make you just want to buy and a reason is not required.
- You are wasting time that could be spent learning a skill. No great photo was ever made while researching specifications for a new camera.
- I have never witnessed a photographer happy about vastly improved photos due to their new camera. In fact, their sample photos to show off their new camera are usually really pointless snapshots.